Recipe for Research Publication Success [Infographic]
Creating a successful research manuscript is a lengthy and involved process. The process should not be rushed, and many of the aspects that make up a great paper must be carefully considered. In addition to the “recipe” below, we have included links to resources that will help as you develop the various sections of your manuscript for publication. Bon Appétit!
1-3 Years worth of meaningful research results
4,000 - 6,000 artisanal words (carefully crafted)
1 heaping cup of relevant references (50-80)
1 catchy title
5 - 7 dollops of visually appealing figures
Arrange results and data in a logical order.
Fill carefully with eye-catching figures.PRO TIP: Add a dash of color when it enhances your point.*
Smooth out transitions and flow of the text.
Top with a catchy title.*
Bake for 272 days‡ or so until accepted.
Use only the best ingredients
- Materials and Methods - 7 writing tips
- Results - Best practices
- Introduction - Get a strong start
- Abstract - 6 tips to make a great first impression
Add finishing touches
- Figures - Best ways to use color [video]
- Transitions - Add effective transitions
- Title - How to choose a catchy title for your manuscript