How to get the best results from Custom Illustration
- Provide a clear sketch of your intended result. Our illustrators provide a professional result based on your visual concept. The sketch can be drawn by hand, in a program such as Word or Powerpoint, or with a combination of techniques. Additional written instructions are also helpful, but a sketch is crucial; we cannot work solely from a written summary or manuscript.
- Choose a style from our stylistic examples. Any of these examples is suitable for publication in high-impact journals. Your choice of style for your illustration should be based on your personal preference and the appearance of similar figures that have been published in your chosen journal.
- Include any original data or images you would like us to incorporate into your illustration. High-resolution photographs and vector graphs will produce the most attractive and accurate results, although we will redraw elements as needed to provide you with a high-quality illustration.
- Plan for your illustration to fit onto one physical page of a print journal. If you are ordering a visual abstract, please consider the size restrictions of your chosen journal. If you include too many elements in a single illustration, your order may be delayed while we ask you to decide how to divide it into two or more illustrations.
- Make sure to allow enough time for illustration. A Custom Illustration takes 5 business days from when you approve the price quote, and the turnaround time may increase if you order multiple illustrations.